The Kitschen Crockpot

What's that on fire in Flissy's Kitschen?

Monday, February 06, 2006

Artist's Way: Week 4

Well, I did it! I filled up a sketchbook! I have never done this before, and I am incredibly proud of myself. I find myself working in sketchbooks and usually about a third of the way through, I look back on what I have done, think it is crap and never look at it again. I buy a new one and the cycle starts over. I finally filled one up with my morning pages. This is progress. I know I can do it now. I don't have to love every line I put down, I just have to get it done so I can move forward. Go me! I'm going to get myself a new sketchbook as a reward and I am genuinely excited about filling it up!

This is Reading Deprivation Week, according to the schedule. I am a reader! I spend lots of time reading about art & entreprenuership for ideas for myself. I read magazines about vegetarian eating and yoga. I read blogs. I'm reading a book about the history of vanilla. I read message boards about crafting. I love to read. I'm not sure how this will help me move forward but I'm going to do it. As a result, I will be spending significantly less time on the interenet this week.

Two tasks struck me as really exciting projects to do with my newly freed-up non-reading time:

1. Make a special, private environment for yourself. I already know what I want to do! I just need to get a floor pillow. I have been working on making my studio a safe haven for me, and this will be a fantastic next step. I'll put up some sketches or photos later this week!

2. Plan an extended artist date. Also fun! I think this will start with me going to the InterGem show in the morning, but I don't know what will happen next!

11:09 AM   0 comments


I am an Artist & Maker of Things.
email me.

Flissy's Kitschen

Visit my shop at Etsy!


I'm on MySpace

Chef's Specials
Books to Check Out
Print & Color Affirmations! Fun!

In the Fridge
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006

Art & Small Business Links
Planware
Small Business Administration
US Patent & Trademark Office
Artist Help Network
The Switchboards
Lee Silber

The Kitschen's Favorite Weblogs
AVALANCHE!
Contagious Creativity
Drawn!
Keri Smith
LoobyLu