The Kitschen Crockpot

What's that on fire in Flissy's Kitschen?

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Business Basics II: Week V

I really wish I had written down my thoughts last night, but when I got home, I was was greeted with the surprise visit of friend of ours.

I have a lot of ideas about promoting my biz, which is good, because next round of classes is Marketing II. I'm getting warmed up! I say this about once a month - I am a little bit of a perfectionist. Sometimes that I feel like my product or my website isn't *quite* good enough to show people yet. I'll make excuses. "Those two images need to be reset at a little higher resolution and THEN I'll send out a notice to my email list" ... or ... "I wouldn't want to send all these people to my site and not have a gift wrap option would I??" It's never good enough for me, and I have a hard time just sucking it up and showing off what I have even though it's not perfect. I need to say, "Okay, that image might be two pixels too wide but IT'S NOT A BIG DEAL." or "My artist statement (or whatever it is) still needs some work but OH WELL it's a work in progress" No one will buy anything if they don't know it exists! And how can anyone possible notice all these things I criticize myself for, anyway??

It's so much easier just to hide.

9:57 AM   0 comments


I am an Artist & Maker of Things.
email me.

Flissy's Kitschen

Visit my shop at Etsy!


I'm on MySpace

Chef's Specials
Books to Check Out
Print & Color Affirmations! Fun!

In the Fridge
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006

Art & Small Business Links
Planware
Small Business Administration
US Patent & Trademark Office
Artist Help Network
The Switchboards
Lee Silber

The Kitschen's Favorite Weblogs
AVALANCHE!
Contagious Creativity
Drawn!
Keri Smith
LoobyLu