The Kitschen Crockpot

What's that on fire in Flissy's Kitschen?

Monday, March 07, 2005

Reflections

Today was the last class of Business Basics I, the first installment of the Arts Entreprenuership Program. Now is when I look back and see how I did.

I think I made more progress in the past six weeks than I have in the past year, as far as my business goes. I've been encouraged, and I've come to see the value in what I do. It's very difficult to start a business, and to fight to make it work, and then to be rejected from shows, have slow sales, and be discouraged at every turn. It's easy to not try anymore.

In six weeks, I have met my main goals for that particular class: I have established exactly where I want to be at the end of the program, I have identified what I want my business to be like, and I am ready to move on to more detailed parts of planning and marketing.

I do see now that I haven't maintained this weblog the way I would have liked to. Some of the entries are better and more thoughtful than others. I don't know that they would be terribly helpful for other people either, so I think that I'd like to add some questions that I have asked myself over the past few weeks. I'm sure I will need to revist those questions myself. Look for this space to be more constructive, more cooperative, and not entirely about my little brain trying to puzzle out my own little problems.

11:41 PM   0 comments


I am an Artist & Maker of Things.
email me.

Flissy's Kitschen

Visit my shop at Etsy!


I'm on MySpace

Chef's Specials
Books to Check Out
Print & Color Affirmations! Fun!

In the Fridge
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006

Art & Small Business Links
Planware
Small Business Administration
US Patent & Trademark Office
Artist Help Network
The Switchboards
Lee Silber

The Kitschen's Favorite Weblogs
AVALANCHE!
Contagious Creativity
Drawn!
Keri Smith
LoobyLu