The Kitschen Crockpot

What's that on fire in Flissy's Kitschen?

Thursday, February 03, 2005

The Backstory

Hi! My name is Flissy and I am an artist and maker of things. In June 2003 I started my own business. By that, I mean I had made some jewelry that I thought people would like to buy, and I got myself a Tax ID. I worked part-time and spent a lot of time making jewelry, and trying to promote myself. I quickly ran out of steam, seeing that running a business is more than collecting sales tax, and quickly discouraged by rejections and slow sales. I got married (yay!) and bought a dump of a townhouse that you can see at The Avalanche that we made into a lovely home.

My day job made me miserable. I knew I never wanted to be the sort of person who is consumed by her job, who comes home and curls up and cries because she knows that tomorrow she has to do it all over again. So I quit. I enrolled in a Creative Entreprenuership certificate program that is a partnership between an Fancy Schmancy Art School and the Business Department at a local college. I am investing more of myself into my artwork and my business, because I know that as challenging as it is to be an artist and a small business owner, I will still be more happy, and a better wife and better person than I could be doing anything else.

11:28 PM   0 comments


I am an Artist & Maker of Things.
email me.

Flissy's Kitschen

Visit my shop at Etsy!


I'm on MySpace

Chef's Specials
Books to Check Out
Print & Color Affirmations! Fun!

In the Fridge
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006

Art & Small Business Links
Planware
Small Business Administration
US Patent & Trademark Office
Artist Help Network
The Switchboards
Lee Silber

The Kitschen's Favorite Weblogs
AVALANCHE!
Contagious Creativity
Drawn!
Keri Smith
LoobyLu